SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

I need some help changing my preferences

I am trying to learn how to use jaikoz. Right now, I have a problem in the local file renaming part.
In all likelihood, I screwed something up. However, I don’t know what I did wrong, and I am hoping someone will be able to tell me.
My music is in h:\owner\music . I want to keep it there when jaikoz renames things.
I want non-compilation music to be stored as:
h:\owner\music\artist\album\title
If this is a part of a compilation, then I would like for it to be stored as
h:\owner\music\compilations\album\title
I just loaded in a file, hit the autocorrect, and then accidentally hit the save before seeing what was done to the file name. It was stored as
h:\owner\album artist\album\album artist-album-title

Is there a simple way for me to reset my preferences so I get what I am after rather than this?

Thank you

You need to understand the difference between Base Folder and Sub Folder, when you load songs into Jaikoz the current folderpath is split between base folder and subfolder, then when you run Correct SubFolder from Metadata it only modifies the subfolder part of subfolder. Jaikoz trys to do this intelligently but in this case does not appear to do it as you would lilke.

You want the base folder to be set to

BaseFolder:h:\owner\music

but instead it is set to

BaseFolder:h:\owner

You can fix already loaded songs using these commands

File and Folder Correct/Shift Base Folder to Sub Folder
File and Folder Correct/Shift Sub Folder to Base Folder

But probably the easiest thing to do is open Preferences and add h:\owner\music as the first one listed to the General:Base Folder tab