SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

I cannot get Jaikoz 4.3 or 5.x to run after installation on Win7-64

I have tried repeatedly and it goes through the install process just fine. When I run the shortcut, executable or bat file, nothing happens and nothing shows in TaskManager (applications or processes). It’s just like clicking on an empty shortcut.

I really like this application, and I hope someone can help me figure out what to do to correct this problem.

Thanks,
-Mike

I’ve also tried to install the 32bit version and had the exact same problem.

Please open a Command Prompt and trying running Jaikoz.exe from there then we should see some output.

I had this issue a while back. Though it may have been an issue that Paul has already fixed and not the same thing. For me, the issue was starting up jaikoz in win7 64bit OS with only having java 64 bit installed. When I installed the 32bit version of java as well, it ran just fine. Even when running in 64 bit mode and using java 64.

I also had this issue before on my laptop when instead of using the java install from java.com, I was using the JDK and SDK versions for my java programming class. Once I installed the regular java package from http://java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp?locale=en it worked fine.

That would be a problem for Jaikoz 4.3 but not Jaikoz 5 because it omes with its own copy of Java.