SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How to save new "profile" or update old

I was trying to modifyi “profile”. I have not figure out the logics of how to save my modifications permanently to profiles.
I have tried to clone one of the profiles to new name and applied some modifications (changed some settings) after restarting SongKong all of the settings are the original ones.

I have applied some modifications (changed some settings) on the current profile after restarting SongKong all of the settings are the original ones.

I have applied some modifications (changed some settings) on the current profile and then cloned that to new profile anme, after restarting SongKong all of the settings are the original ones.

I have been able to alter some profiles, but really dont know how I managed to do so.

Just find out how…You need to run modified profile once, it will be permanent after that.
I would add menu item to be able save profile(s).

Yes, its works as follows.

You can select a profile, and modify the settings i that profile but if you then Cancel before starting the task those changes are lost, if yo start the task then the changes are saved even if yo then cancel the task part way through.

I dont really see the point in letting you make changes to a profile that you then dont actually use.

Fair enough, just little bit odd though.

I suppose so, the traditional way of doing it would be have to Profiles in Preferences, whereby you could modify the settings. Then you would select a profile to use it, but then there would be a disconnect between setting options and using them and it would be unwieldy.