SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

how to re-link iTunes tracks after file/folder rename?

Not sure if this is an issue or a feature request…

When Jaikoz updates iTunes tracks after it corrects the file / folder names it causes the tracks to be removed and re-added to iTunes. This updates their “date added” tag in iTunes which causes my date/time based playlists to freak out.

(eg. this week I added 100 new tracks to iTunes. If jaikoz updates the file / folder names, iTunes will say that I added several thousand tracks, which really isn’t true.)

Is there any way that this can be prevented without having to manually re-link each track in iTunes? Jaikoz just needs to dynamically re-link the files to iTunes after it changes the file / folder names.

Jaikoz should not remove, and re-add tracks, it should be able to find the existing track in the iTunes Music Library.xml and then just update it, Im guessing one of two things is happening:

1> You have your music files in one location on your Mac, and have iTunes configured to make a copy of the file. You are then pointing Jaikoz to look at the music file outside of iTunes, when you should be modifying the version under iTunes control.

2> You have multiple Tunes Music Library.xml files and Jaikoz is looking at the incorrect one, normally should be stored in Music/iTunes folder.

Can you check both these things ?

1. “keep organized” and “copy to library” are disabled.
  2. Just one Library (aside from the ones that say library.xml.add, library.xml.del, library.xml.mod, etc)

Normally it updates iTunes metadata with no issues. This seems to only happen if the filename or folder structure has changed.

I tried disabling the “remove links to missing / deleted tracks” option but it didn’t seem to change the behavior.