SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How to Increase Jaikoz Performance

• download and install BEA JRockit JVM as default JVM

http://download2.bea.com/pub/jrockit/60/jrockit-R27.5.0-jdk1.6.0_03-windows-ia32.exe

• run “C:\Program Files\Java\jrockit-R27.5.0-jre1.6.0_03\bin\java -jar lib\jaikoz.jar”

Jaikoz can now load 25k files using only ~500MB memory on XP and runs really smoother :wink:

Thanks I’ll take a look but as you say this probably will improve performance so everyone feel free to try it out.

Is their a version of this for mac os X?

Interestingly this gets rid of my issue with clicking “Is Compilation” throwing an error. So the issue is either an environmental issue on my side (I have tried to re-install Sun’s Java) or something with the latest Sun update to Java.

However, I was hoping it would solve the Musicbrainz timeout issues but it did not so I’m guessing the JVM isn’t the issue.

Christian

[quote=christian]Interestingly this gets rid of my issue with clicking “Is Compilation” throwing an error.
[/quote]
You are correct, this error is only happening with java 1.6.0 Update 11, it is ok with Update 10 an earlier. havent worked out what they have changed but will devise a workaround.

I am more the network man, so i have problems running BEA jrockit. I have installed it and unibstalled Sun�s jre. Now Jaikoz was telling me there is no Java. Then i reinstalled BEA, same behaviour.

When i try tu run the string above from cmd i get error message for the user folder.

What is going wrong here?

Again I am wondering if their is anything equivalent to this for mac osx?

Locutus,

Did you run the command line from within the jaikoz folder?

I put the command line into a batch file (jaikoz2.bat) and it runs fine.
I did not uninstall the sun jre though.

[quote=ErwinB]Locutus,

Did you run the command line from within the jaikoz folder?

I put the command line into a batch file (jaikoz2.bat) and it runs fine.
I did not uninstall the sun jre though.[/quote]

Probably i am to stupid for this. I have now bot java versions installed, put the string into a batch, but it will not work.

If i execute the string in a cmd, the system do not find the path. But it’s absolut correct.

The system can not find the specified file, anyone else have any luck? Like how do I put the file in the .bat, where specifically?

Has anybody figured out how to make this work?

http://download2.bea.com/pub/jrockit/60/jrockit-R27.5.0-jdk1.6.0_03-windows-ia32.exe [/quote]

Can anyone give me step by step instrunctions on how to install BEA JRockit JVM as the default JVM