SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How to edit file renaming mask?

Hi,

I am trying to edit the compilation mask to have spaces before and after the hyphen like I have already done for artists but after 30 minutes of going around and around I cannot remember how I did it? :oops: I remember an edit button but cannot find it anymore for love nor money!

It is in Preferences menu (because all rename masks are available to all profiles)

Hi,

I can see how to change the rename mask but how do I change the compilation rename mask?

Thanks

You create/edit/delete masks in the Preferences section.

You can then choose any mask to be used as a rename or a compilation rename mask within a particular profile on the Filenaming tab of Fix Songs task.

Ok,

I think I am expecting too much here… sorry about this,

This is what I would like, is it possible?

I would like Songkong to process my files and move the Single Artist Albums into /Artists&Bands/ with the mask Artist Name/Album/Track No - Track Artist - Title

Compilations to move into /Compilations with the mask /Album Name/Track No - Track Artist - Title

Soundtracks to move into /Soundtracks with the mask Album Name/TrackNo - Title

Does that make sense?

Hi, this is possible.

Because you want single artists to go into /Artists&Bands/, Compilations to go to /Compilations etc the common root between all files is / so you need to set this as Base Folder on the Basic tab

Then you can choose one mask for standard albums, and one for compilations, but you’ll need to amend both to also cater for soundtracks since you cant select a separate mask just for soundtracks.

Example mask for standard Rename mask:

if(mbreleasetype.indexOf('Soundtrack')>-1)
{
'/Soundtracks/' 
+ ifnotempty(album,'/')
+ ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
+ title
}
else
{
'/Artists&Bands/' 
+ ifnotempty2(albumartist,artist,'/')
+ ifnotempty(album,'/')
+ ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
+ ifnotempty(artist, ' - ') 
+ title
}

Note we have to use indexOf instead of a simple == comparison because release type can have multiple types, and in the case of a soundtrack album always does, album + soundtrack. (MusicBrainz has a concept of primary and secondary types and album is a primary type and soundtrack is a secondary type)