SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How do I install a license key ?

When you purchase a license you will be sent an email with a license file attached, however depending on your email client/server software sometimes the license file will not be attached as a file, instead the contents will be embedded in the message.

The contents is a single string of text similar to:

9aIzEuMS40IzIjcGF0cmlja2Ryb29uZXlAdGVsdXMubfdfdfd9aIzEuMS40IzIjcGF0cmlja2Ryb29uZXlAdGVsdXMubdfdf9aIzEuMS40IzIjcGF0cmlja2Ryb29uZXlAdGVsdXMub

this needs to be put into a file, this file can then be used when prompted to install the license.

The name of the file does not matter but it is important to save the file as a plain text file, if you save it as .doc file or rtf file for example you editor will convert the contents into its own format, and it will no longer be a valid license key.

Alternatively if you have access to an ftp site or similar we can upload the license file for you there.

Hi Paul,

i’m a very avid fan of Jaikoz… i’ve been using it since 2006 i believe and i absolutely love it! by far the best tagger i’ve ever used. kudos! this product is definitely worth it’s cost.

i seem to be having a slight issue with the license now tho… my license.jai file used to work fine – it would register the product when i put it into the root directory of the application. lately, however, it’s not longer registering jaikoz.

could you please tell me how i can register this product with my key?

thanks a lot, paul!

Ron

Thanks Ron, in later versions of Jaikoz I move where the license file was installed in order to better support multiple users. The exact location varies on the Operating System, but it is easy to install by selecting the File/Install Full License menu option - and selecting your license.jai file wherever it is.

I downlaoded the newest version and when I click on the desktop icon i get the following message: “Version number is not set, is your settings.jai file from a version earlier than Jaikoz2.2”. When I click on Ok the message closes and Jaikoz doesn’t open. What should I do? thank you

Hi, ok you need to delete any settings.jai file other than the one in the Jaikoz installation folder. Where they are depends on what operating system they are depends on your operating system, but check under your home directory.

Thank you for your quick response. I have done a complete uninstall and still get the same message after installing it again. I am running XP Media. And, also did a search for the .jai file and found nothing after i reinstalled it. thank you for your assistance

Complete uninstall would remove the Jaikoz executable, but not configuration files. What operating system are you using and how are you searching for the settings.jai file, because you might have missed it. For example if using Mac OSX it wont be found using Spotlight

Thank you for your response. I am running Microsoft XP Media. I use the search opotion in that is in the start menu and I searched the entire hard drive.

On Windows XP settings are stored in

c:\Documents and Settings\username\Jaikoz
or
c:\Documents and Settings\username\AppData\Jaikoz
or
c:\Documents and Settings\username\

It just occurred to me that these folders maybe hidden to you with a default installation of Windows XP.

Select Tools/Folder Options from Window Explorer
Select View tab
In Advanced Settings, for Hideen File and Folder make sure you have ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ selected

Then have another look in this area for the settings.jai file, the existent of a n old settings.jai file is the only thing that would give this error.

So i purchased the license key and got the email with the license key text i saved it in my computer, open jaikoz and searched the path for the license text and everytime i press ok it just closes the program and i do it over again with the same result. Don’t know what to do.
I have mac ox 10
thanks
Tony

Problem Solved :wink:

having same issue, says invalid license

Go to NAME/Library/Preferences/Jaikoz

Open license.jai with TextEdit

copy your license key text into license.jai.

Save license.jai making sure to save with the jai extension not a txt extension. Use GetInfo to change to jai extension if you have a txt extension.

Worked for me, not ideal. Hope Paula can get us a fix.

This shouldnt be necessary, are you just using the license.txt file provided or are you creating a license.txt file and pasting the text from within the email message itself. If its the second I think its a problem with TextEdit defaulting to a formatted text file and adding additional info into the file.

Now I could send the license file wrapped in a zip file, I dont think anyone has ever had a problem when I do it this way but I think this will cause a problem for some of my Windows customers because some versions of the Outloook Email client preventing opening of zip attchements, don’t they ?

i have the same problem (invalid key) tried averithing you said before nothing worked… i use mac osx

I had a working 3.2 Jaikoz and upgraded it to 4.2. Now it says no valid key. First I got 2 errors and I deleted Jaikoz.db as indicated on the forum. I have the key in a file named “Jaikoz key.txt”. What can I do? I tried a few suggestions from this forum but nothing worked. I use Mac OSX snowleopard.

Hi, you should have recieved the license as a license.zip containinng a license.jai double clicking it will install the license. Please just email support at jthink dot net with details of purchase and I’ll resend the license.