SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How could I set the memory for this app please ?

Hi, i’m a new mac user and I used to tagg and organise my music on windows with tag & rename . . .

This software, could retrieve from cddb and amazon the main tagg and also the cover art . . . and many more features . . .

And I think Jaikoz worth to look an eye on it . . .

I’ve got 27 or 28000 songs on a nas and I don’t want to reorganize my files or tag or folders with itunes . . .

So for now I could not really synchronize my music with itunes, each time I add album, I have to tell itunes to add also this or these albums . . .

By default, Jaikoz use at the maximum 300 Mo XMS ram and obviously it’s not enough for my music . . . so I edit info.plist and I replace 300 by 1000 . . .

But It’s not a good idea, jaikoz become very slow to analyse my songs and I think it stops after a while . . .

What is the best way to process with Jaikoz with a larger number of songs ?

Thanks for reading me

Totoro

Of course, If your software suits me, I’d like with pleasure buy the licence . . .

Jaikoz uses Musicbrainz and Discogs, and I am going to extend the Discogs support. The quality of freedb and Amazon is not good enough for them to be used to fix data automatically, although I may add support for manul lookups for these sources at a later date.

I would recommend processing about 10,000 files at a time. But because your files are on a NAS that is going to slow down reading and writing the files and changes to the file. So I would recommend temporariliy moving the files to your local drive for processing, and I think that would solve your performance problems.