SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Highlight fields loose values

In the edit pane, if i highlight any cell to amend its value, the existing value seems to just disappear. Undo makes it reappear briefly then the cell goes blank again.

I would rather they just get highlighted cause if you navigate using cursor keys (as i would in a spreadsheet) i end up with a load of blank fields.

Im aware that i havent saved the changes as yet - but it means that for one small edit i end up having to amend several fields, and mostly unsucessfully.
After a few attempts i resolve to give up as its so frustrating !!

Refreshing the list is the way out but with 9000 tracks on a NAS this takes a while.

Anyone have suggestions ?

That shouldn’t happen.

Are you on an older powerpc mac or using OSX 10.4, there maybe some gui issues with these older configurations.

Win xp sp3, latest Jaikoz - all basically vanilla.

like i say its looks like its lost its value as the cell blanks out when highlighting it - the value is still probably there but you cant be sure ?

could i export the whole list - change the bits i need - then import back with no trouble ? - bit nervous as its taken me a while to get this far !

[quote=craiggc]Win xp sp3, latest Jaikoz - all basically vanilla.
[/quote]
Im guessing its an issue with Xp then.

But when you dont highlight the values you can see them, correct ?

If so that prooves they are not really lost, you could use Advanced/Export to export the data in case you need to import them at some point but I dont think you will need to.

on further investigation - any cell highlighted does indeed remove the value in the detail panel below as well as the cell itself, and the status column changes to have the save icon.

id be surprised if its xp related - are there any subsystems that Jaikoz relies upon that i need to check ?

No, this isnt making a great deal of sense to me.

basically as soon as you highlight a cell in the spreadsheet style area - the cell value dissappears, and the status column shows the save icon - if you then save you have lost the value.
i get round it by never clicking in a cell with preexisting data - i only change the values in the info pane below - albiet this is sometimes a pita

id imagine an action like excel - where values in the cells remain highlighted until you hit delete or some other values to overtype - but this is not the case.
when i get some time ill screen capture it for you - but off for holiday now

thanks for your attention.