SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Help with tagging Original Date

Need some guidance please. When I lookup tracks for a release, I have the year in the YEAR field and the full date (year/month/day) in the Original Release Date field. After I save tags, if I open the same files, only the year is saved to the Original Release Date field. Is there some setting I am overlooking that does this or is it something else?

Thanks.

This seems to misunderstand the two fields, one is not a year field and the other a date field. Instead one is the release date of the release matched to, and one is the release date of the earliest release that the particular song could be found on.

Does this help ?

I understand what the two fields are for. I have the YEAR field in settings to store year only. That part works as expected. The issue is with the Original Release Date field. When I perform the look up for the release, the full date is populated in that field as expected. However, when I hit save to write the ID3 tags to the files, if I open the very same files in Jaikoz again, only the year shows in that field.
Here is the before saving after looking up release…

Here is what shows after saving tags and opening same files again in Jaikoz…

Okay I know the problem.

If you add the Version column I expect it will says ID3v23, with this version Original Release Date is mapped to the TORY frame ( see https://id3.org/id3v2.3.0 ) and this only allows the year to be stored in the field, so when we actually save the file we have to truncate the value.

If you can change the version to ID3v24 then a full date can be stored, you can do this easily by just re-entering full date into the Original Release Year field, selecting from the Version dropdown field and then doing File:Force Save

That was it! Thank you so much. I think before I was actually using v24 but when I had to reinstall Jaikoz I missed setting it back to v24 in the settings. Thank you again!

1 Like