SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Help with matching a huge box set on MusicBrainz

I have a Tony Bennett 72-CD box set I purchased about 4 years ago. I’d say about half of the CDs are fairly identical to earlier releases and the other half have extra/remastered tracks. When I ripped the box a couple of years ago, I let Jaikoz tag the ones it could identify.

I finally got around yesterday to entering all the data for all 72 CDs in MusicBrainz. For reasons unknown to me, Jaikoz won’t match all 1000+ songs to the MB release for all 72 CDs that I entered last night.

Could this be because:

1. Some of the individual CDs are already matched to individual releases that came out before the box set? Note: they probably have the MB ID and acoustic info for the original releases embedded in them.

2. While my tags are fairly correct, I do have all of the disc numbers set as 1 of 1 because my workflow WAS to tag a collection of individual already released albums as individual realeases and add the art for the original release.

3. When I entered the data into MB it allows a title for each disc. I used the album title belonging to each disc to fill this in. My album titles vary slightly but does Jaikoz even look at disk subtitles or just the disc x of y portion of the tags?

I think I’ll dump all files into iTunes and set all of the files to disc x of 72 and see if that works. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Try using Action:Match to Album:Match songs to Specified MusicBrainz Album

Unfortunately that’s how I was trying. It’s the only way when you’ve just entered a release and MB hasn’t indexed the entry. Plus it saves time for a large release.

Ah, okay please email me your support files then - that would be better than me just trying to guess the reason

I don’t see a menu option to export support files. Where are they?

I don’t see a menu option to export support files. Where are they?[/quote]

Found it!!!

Ok, I made progress. There were actually 73 CDs in the set, not that it matters. I was able to force match each individual group of files to the MB ID. On a couple of CDs, I had to make edits in iTunes when they wouldn’t match because of artist conflicts. e.g. In my tags, the artist was “Tony Bennett & Bill Evans” while on MB it was just “Tony Bennett”.

When I made minor changes like this, the individual albums match to MB. However, when I put the entire 1,000+ files into Jaikoz, even though they are all tagged with the release ID, I get a “No suitable release” message.

Hi, yes I looked at the logs, the problem seems to be where you have the artist as a collobaration and MusicBrainz does not it causes a double check done by Jaiikoz to fail, Jaikoz should do better here and so Ive raised this issue

https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1068

Assuming you have fixed all the artists and still not working please just resend your support files again.