SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Help with errors in log file

Hello,

I just tried to use Jaikoz to clean up about 9,200 songs. But I’m getting some errors. Should I move these files from the library and try again?

First there are errors like these (from the log file):
07/04/2008 03.10.41:org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.ID3v23Tag:readFrames:WARNING: 01 Prime Time.MP3:Invalid Frame:01 Prime Time.MP3:No space to find another frame

Then there’s errors like these:
07/04/2008 03.10.58:com.jthink.jaikoz.data.AudioFileFromDirectoryAndFilesLoader:scanSingleDir:SEVERE: Invalid Data Exception: in record unable to display corrupt file:/Volumes/Data/Music/Unk featuring OutKast & Jim Jones/Walk It Out (Remix) - Single/01 Walk It Out (Remix) [Featuring OutKast & Jim Jones].m4p

Hi - I just saw a reply to one of my errors…

‘No space to find another frame’ was addressed here:
http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/290.page

So it sounds like this is no big deal? Regardless, is there a way I can fix the headers of these files so they accurately reflect the right header size?

And any ideas on the ‘Invalid Data Exception’ error? The files getting this error plays just fine and dont appear to have any problems.

Within Jaikoz you could:
Change the version to ID3v1
Save the file
Chnage the version back to ID3v23/ID3v24
Correct from musicbrainz
Save changes

This should fix the issue, but of course its quite a destructive way to do it because you lose most of the information in the tag when you save it as ID3v1, though hopefully you can get it all back when you correct from musicbrainz. I cant think of another way at the moment.

Sounds like jaikoz is having a problem recognising some valid files, are they all m4ps. I would really need one of the files for testing in order to find the problem. It would also help if you could send your jaikoz-user0-0.log and jaikozdebug0-0.log files.

Hi - Thanks for the response…

Yep, the corrupt errors were all for m4p’s.
I can’t seem to post the file or the logs here (too big?) so you can download them from the link I sent you via private message.

Also… I’m getting another error when trying to save changes, it tells me “problem finding meta field” for a bunch of files.

But in the log file, this is what I see:
07/04/2008 21.44.16:com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$WorkerThread:run:SEVERE: Unable to save record:RecNo:1543

Thanks again!

[quote=snowdogdb]Yep, the corrupt errors were all for m4p’s.
I can’t seem to post the file or the logs here (too big?) so you can download them from the link I sent you via private message.
[/quote]
mp4 files can be encoded in many different ways and they arent really documented so it is dificult to catch them all. I have fix for you, you can download from this page http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/fixes/start.jsp
Im sure this will fix most of your files but let me know if you still have problem files left

I saw this, i need another file to test, could you make at least one of the following available:
/Volumes/Data/Music/Sean Paul/The Trinity/17 Change the Game (Featuring Looga Man & Kid Kurup).m4p
/Volumes/Data/Music/Sean Paul/The Trinity/18 The Trinity.m4p:
/Volumes/Data/Music/Special Consensus/Route 10/01 Say You’ll Stay In My Arms.m4p

The problem files contain two pieces of binary data rather than the more common one piece of binary data. I have a fixed for you to test, please see your private messages.

Hi,

The fix you sent previously did resolve a huge number of the errors for the mp4 files (although the log still shows ‘No space to find another frame’ errors); they load, I can update tags, and save changes.

I’ve got another question for you, but I’ll start a separate thread for that.

Thanks for your help! I am impressed and very happy with the level of support!!

[quote=snowdogdb]
Thanks for your help! I am impressed and very happy with the level of support!![/quote]
Thanks, the secoiond fix for m4p files you can load but cant save to in jaikoz is now available as fix3 from this page.
http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/fixes/start.jsp