SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Help! Newbie can't get SongKong to work using Melco

Ok thanks Paul. I’ll try this later and let you know how I get on.

Hi Paul, Sorry for the delay in replying, I had to wait as I had posted so many entries as a new user!

I’ve created an Abba Folder within the Z Drive and made a copy of all my Abba songs into it. I’ve tried SK again and it seems to be working!

Should I create folders for each artist within the Z drive and put all the relevant files within each folder as I’ve done with the Abba folder?

With regards to Compilation albums, would it be best to create a folder with the album title as using artist wouldn’t work for compilations would it?

Will this affect the way the Melco currently works or the way I see the music via the Linn App? Would I then need to keep the Z drive mapped in the future - just for SK?

I appreciate your help Paul and I feel like we’re making progress!

HI,

Yes, that sounds good.

No it wont affect how it works, but you may need to refresh Twonky to pick up the folder movements, and restart your player/control point.

No not for SongKong to work, but it maybe useful for you as it is the only way to clearly see the actual folders structure including your music files on your Melco.