SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

HD failed... recovery of tags possible from backup?

Over the last few months I have been updating the tags for about 10,000 MP3 files in Jaikoz. However, I recently had a serious HD failure and was forced to recover my system from backups.

Here’s what I have available to me:

1. A recent copy of the Jaikoz Program Files folder.
  2. A recent copy of the My Documents\Jaikoz folder
  3. An OLD copy of my MP3s… before I started tagging them with Jaikoz
  4. An incomplete recovery of the recent MP3s

So here’s what I’m wondering:

Are the tagging changes I saved to the MP3s I lost recorded anywhere in Jaikoz? I notice that there’s some DB files in the My Documents\Jaikoz folder, for example.

If I place the old, untagged MP3s in the same location as they were when I tagged them with Jaikoz, and restore those two directories, will I be able to re-apply the saved tags?

If there’s anything you can suggest, please let me know… hate to think I lost all my tagging work :frowning:

Hi, no sorry that isnt going to work whilst Jaikoz does use a Database for performance reasons, it doesnt provide a backup facility. (But at least you can reautotag much of it).

In the future you should use Advanced/Export … to save the bulk of your metadata to a spreadsheet periodiocally for backup purposes, then you could reimport this info back into your mp3s.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt response :slight_smile: I knew the truth in my gut, but wanted to ask just in case.

With this info in mind, it looks like it’s best for me to re-copy my salvaged tagged songs on top of the old, untagged ones.

Thanks again! Love Jaikoz.