SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Hang on startup

Hey,

I just loaded the latest version 3.6.0 on my Windows 7 (x64) system. When I start the program, nothing comes up, but one of my drives spins like crazy. after a little investigation…I noticed that there is a Jaikoz directory on that drive that houses a database of some kind. My guess is that this has something to do with the program…though I’m not sure what…and I would also guess that you are doing something in that directory as part of the update…possibly rearanging the DB or something. my issue is that there is no message to the user letting them know to wait so my assumption is that the program is not working correctly.

ok, so I deleted the folder and Jaikoz starts, but now I’m noticing that it created a new folder on my F: drive. I would rather have this directory on my C: drive. how can I change this?

The database is stored within your user folder and holds a cache of your files and the information downloaded from Musicbrainz and Discogs. Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to configure the location of this.