SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Great functionality, but "Settings" are buggy

Jaikoz v1.8.0 Build 1024 functionality (latest as of posting) is really exceptional, but unfortunately the settings seem fairly buggy to me.

For example, the Table settings don’t allow me to uncheck fields that the table currently displays. I’ve read the help, which instructs to Select, then Double-click the Visible field. Sometimes this works, mostly it doesn’t.

First time in, Read Folder of Folder Settings doesn’t allow “Cancel” when folder path is empty.

Save Setting, I get a Jaikoz error “javax.swing.JPanel” when switching between “Always” and “When exists” and/or id3 versions.

Basically, every setting dialog I’ve opened, has failed in succession in some way.

It’s tough to take advantage of the otherwise great features when simply configuring the app according to the Offline Help cools enthusiasm.

I’d like to see Settings tidied up and Tabbed, so I can quickly review & configure all settings without constantly returning to the app and opening a new dialog. Plus a button to access Help from such a Tabbed dialog would be great for access the extensive details documented in the offline help.

Originally I prevented the deselection of the first fields (artist,album,status) of the table because of a particular problem, I think now probably only Status should not be deselectable, and this should be clearer in the user Interface.

Ok, this used to required and there used to be a Wizard to force you to specify a folder, but not required now, it is a bug, but hardly a showstopper.

This is worrying, I cant replicate this please send me your logs

Exaggerating a little maybe.

[quote]
It’s tough to take advantage of the otherwise great features when simply configuring the app according to the Offline Help cools enthusiasm.

I’d like to see Settings tidied up and Tabbed, so I can quickly review & configure all settings without constantly returning to the app and opening a new dialog. Plus a button to access Help from such a Tabbed dialog would be great for access the extensive details documented in the offline help.[/quote]
Yes I planned some time ago to have all the Action Settings available as one super tab, but it hasn’t been top priority and I couldnt decide on the UI, if you would like to sketch out an example design that would help.
Help links are another thing on the TODO list.

Ive now replicated the Save Settings bug. all three are now fixed for the next release.

[quote=paultaylor]
Ive now replicated the Save Settings bug. all three are now fixed for the next release.[/quote]
Available from today in Release 1.9