SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Getting "you do not have permission" message

I am getting “You do not have permission to write to the folder you have specified” when I try to “Save and Move” files.

If I manually copy or move I have not problems.

I have looked at the permissions but I do not see any problems.

I am running Jaikoz 4.5.2 NGS on a MacBookPro.

I have forwarded your my support file hoping another pair of eye will see the problem.

Robert

Just had another customer with this issue and it turned out that rather then selecting a folder in the folder dialog they were typing in a nonexistent folder, so could this be your problem, please make sure you are navigating through the folders rather than manually typing it in.

[quote=paultaylor]Just had another customer with this issue and it turned out that rather then selecting a folder in the folder dialog they were typing in a nonexistent folder, so could this be your problem, please make sure you are navigating through the folders rather than manually typing it in.
[/quote]

When I would click on Save and move I would get a pop up window to select the location to move to. The pop up window was set to some default information in the fields. In my case Save and move was prefilled in with NONCLASSICAL. I would have to navigate away from the current directory to the one where I wanted to save my files. See attachment ONE.png which is what I get when I first click on Save and move.

I would then navigate to the the directory that I wanted to save in, but the Save As: area did not get blanked out. In this case it kept the entry NONCLASSICAL as you can seen in TWO.png.

When Save As: has a value you get the permission message.

If you blank out Save As: field and then clicked choose it all works.

I cannot remember having this problem in my pre Mac Lion OS.

Now I know the solution if I get this in the future.

Robert

Yes, ignore this Save As box and just select the folder you want and click on the choose button. I’ll see if I can remove the Save as field completely