SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

getting m4a.m4a in filename

Jaikoz 9.1.0 NGS V 1160 Mac OSX 10.11.6

I am going to describe the problem with an example as it is easier to explain.

I open up Jaikoz and read in a file that I have already processed in the past. The filename is in the format album_discno_trackno_artist_title.

Good Time_01_03_Alan Jackson_I Wish I Could Back Up.m4a

Now i want to save and copy the file to another directory and use the Save & Copy or Save & Move. When I do S&C I now get an extra extension as follows:

Good Time_01_03_Alan Jackson_I Wish I Could Back Up m4a.m4a

This happens when I read in the file and S&C or S&M it to another directory. It does not seem to happen if I modify the file and replace it with just the Save command.

I tried to think back to any preferences that I have changed that would cause but nothing rings a bell.

The fact that I can read the file in and then turn around and do a S&C and it causes the extra m4a to appear puzzles me.

Also I noticed that the it is " m4a" that is getting added.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Robert

No I’m not able to replicate the issue, but if your email me your support files using Advanced:Create Support Files (immediately after doing this would be preferable) I might be able to see something.

I have sent you the requested info to support@

Thanks for your help.

Robert

hi, i dont seem to have recieved it

Sent it again. Please let me know if you received.

Sent it to support@jthink.net

Robert

Yes got it now

If you restart Jaikoz, load songs into Jaikoz and then do Save and Move without doing anything else (such asAutocorrect or Rename Filename from Metadata) does the problem still occur or is it ok then ?

Yes.

I just read the files in and do Save & Move or Save & Copy nothing else, and it happens. I even tried a Save & Move to the same place and it happened.

The only work around is to modify the file metadata and then do Save Changes. Then move the files to my itunes directory.

It does not seem to happen if I just do a Save Changes after making changes.

It does not happen if I change the subdirectory and then do a Save Change.

[quote=rpm4fsu]Yes.

I just read the files in and do Save & Move or Save & Copy nothing else, and it happens. I even tried a Save & Move to the same place and it happened.

The only work around is to modify the file metadata and then do Save Changes. Then move the files to my itunes directory.

It does not seem to happen if I just do a Save Changes after making changes. [/quote]

This doesnt quite make sense to me you say yes it happens if just read files and do Save and Move, but you then say the workaround is to save changes and the do it, but if you havent made any changes then there are no changes to save !

Sorry I was not clear on this.

I keep my music files in a separate, non iTune, folder while I work on them.

In the past when I am ready to move them to iTunes, I would move the files into jaikoz and then do a Save & Move to the iTune directory which use to work.

Now I have to read the files in, work on them, and then do a Save Changes, then outside of jaikoz, I manually move the files to the iTunes directory.

I hope this explains it better.

Robert

Hi Robert

What Im trying to establish if there is something wrong with Save and Move or something has already happened to the files within Jaikoz that causes the filenames to be incorrect that is only noticed when you do a Save and Move

So can you try just loading the files into Jaikoz then immediatley doing a Save and Move and see what happens

Paul

There is something going on with “Save and Move” or Save and Copy"

Everything work fine with “Save Changes”

Again all my test are I just read in the music file into jaikoz and then do a “Save and Move” or Save and Copy" and the file name gets changed.

With the “Save and Copy” the music files that were copied to the new directory have the problem, but the original files are ok.

Can you send me your support files again please then because the ones you previously sent autocorrect was being run.

Paul,

I was gone from the end of Jan through the first week of Mar and not sure of this status of this problem.

Was there anything that you needed from from me?

Thanks

Robert

Yes, sorry It does seem you have an issue but I could not work out why, I will have another look next week.

I use Jaikoz 9.1.0 (1160) and I have the same problem with mp3 files.

If I change the filenames (ex. using Correct filenames from metadata) then Save, the filename would be Title.mp3 as expected.
If I then Save and Move, I see all filenames being changed by Jaikoz to Title mp3.mp3 before the Save and Move is actually executed.

After some more tests, the problem seems independent of the extension. I have replicated it for m4a, mp4 and flac

After further tests, the extension duplication also occurs when the filename is edited (changed manually or any any action under edit).
More strange, the filename is also modified with a copy of the extension when the folder field is edited.
It doesn’t occur when the filename or folder is corrected.

Thanks for all the good work,
Atanis

The obvious workaround is to reopen the folder in Jaikoz after it has been moved, Correct the filenames and Save again.
Not exactly efficient :frowning:

Atanis