SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Getting "fpcalc.exe" failure while running "Retrieve Acoustic Ids"

I am regularly getting a “fpcalc.exe” failure while running “Retrieve Acoustic Ids”. (log message below) It seems to happen relatively randomly, but in approximately 3% - 5% of the cases. I have just been closing the window, but with 20,000+ files, this gets tedious and it makes me nervous about the correctness of the generated Acoustic ID.

Generating the ID’s on my library of 20k+ songs is on track to take more then an hour, which seems awefull slow for a local operation, on a 4 Core, 8 MByte machine that isn’t doing anything very CPU intensive.

I am running the 64-bit Jaikoz on WinDoze 7 Pro 64-bit.

Hmm, that does seem alot of crashes, they are usually very rare, although I wouldn’t be concerned that the ones created are invalid.

Are these files local or networked, it is a quite a cpu and I/O intensive process

I am seeing several of these errors, too. But only 5 time out of ~600 songs. I never saw any before the 5.4.0 release. (Of course, Jaikoz has never been run on these particular songs.)

Disc is a local hard drive. CPU is i7 3.40GHz running at 8-12%, 32GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (and running Jaikoz 64-bit).