SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Frequent crashes when correcting filenames/subfolders

After I correct tags, the final three steps of my workflow are as follows:

Correct subfolders from metadata -> Correct filenames from metadata -> Close files (save changes)

Jaikoz is frequently crashing during “correct filenames from metadata”. I can’t reproduce the problem every single time, but it usually happens when I am working with at least 50+ items. I am on OSX 10.8.5 and using the latest version of Java (although this was happening before I updated Java a couple of days ago). I can save the crash report next time and post that if it helps.

What version of Jaikoz are you using ?

6.0.4 NGS build version 1128

Most of the time I am tagging files that reside on an external drive.

Can you send me your support files please (Advanced/Create Support Files)

Theres nothing in the logs to indicate a problem, but thinking about it but maybe there wouldn’t be if actually crashing. Do yo get a crashdump screen, if you do could you post the output

I haven’t had a repeat instance of this yet, so I’m guessing the problem was somewhere on my end, and not Jaikoz’ fault. Strange. Anyway, if it happens again I’ll post a crash report. Thanks Paul!!!

I still cannot make it fail, but if Jaikoz is actually crashing rather than hanging this indicates an error in The Java runtime rather than Jaikoz itself, it should not be possible for Jaikoz to crash the Java runtime.

Unfortunately Java 7 for OSX is still not as stable as Java 7 for Windows so if does crash again please send the crash log to me and I report a bug to Oracle. In the meantime Jaikoz 6.0.5 just released comes with the very latest version of Java 7 for OSX and this may have improvements to its stability that will prevent this problem reoccurring.