SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

FLAC (Vorbis) vs MP3 (ID3V2) map

Not strictly a Jaikoz question but I can’t for the life of me fathom it out.

So I tag a FLAC album in Jaikoz and then convert it to MP3. *
I then Load the MP3s into Jaikoz to check the tags.

The following map across:

Artist
Album
Title
Year
Disc No
Track No
Genre
Album Artist
Artists

However Sort Artist, Sort Album Artist, Grouping, Musicbrainz, Discogs tags all sit under User Defined Text Info rather than the Jaikoz fields.

I’m guessing this to do with the mapping from FLAC Vorbis Comments to MP3 ID3V2 tags.

I’m looking to convert a large library of Jaikoz tagged FLACs to MP3 but don’t want to have to retag the MP3s once converted.

Any hints?

*Using DBPoweramp with Default DSP ID Tag Processing Set
Same result using Foobar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt4qeyy7omapptk/ACDC.rar?dl=0

The trouble is applications such as DbPoweramp are quite dumb when they come to converting most values, they just take all Flac values they dont recognise and dump them into a userdefinedframe with the same value, Unfortunately when MusicBrainz defined some of these values they used a different text value for ID3 then they did for VorbisComments

e.g MusicBrainz ReleaseId is

Flac:MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID
ID3:MusicBrainz Album Id

so when dbPoewramp converts it creates a TXXX frame with name MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID instead of MusicBrainz Album Id

Recognising this problem, all new tags created in the last 2 years use same name for all formats.

But I think you can create a mapping that will fix most fields, in fact it was one of those tasks I intended to do but never got round to.

This link should help it shows Jaikoz/Songkong (and Picard) mappings for all formats https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1afugW3R1FRDN-mwt5SQLY4R7aLAu3RqzjN3pR1497Ok/edit?usp=sharing

I dont think you’ll be able to fix Sort Artist, Sort Album Artist though since these should map to a specific field.

The alternative approach would be to make use of Jaikoz export/import functionality

e.g

1. Load Flacs
  2. Then use Advanced:Export and select Excel to export to spreadsheet
  3. Close Files
  4. Load Mp3s
  5. Edit spreadsheet first column using Find/Replace so that the filename matches the mp3 name (i.e change .flac to .mp3)
  6. Use Advanced:Import to import the spreadsheet data into Mp3 Files
  7. Save Changes

Excellent, cheers.

Out of pure curiosity, why is there no field “DiscogsId” like there is for MB as well as Amazon?

Furthermore, ALBUMARTIST is not the only field filled, right? I guess hat ALBUM ARTIST is filled as well, no?

Thanks for this list, it sorts things out very nicely.

There is , but its called Release Discogs Url since this is the field that was defined by MusicBrainz many years ago.

Jaikoz currently only writes ALBUM_ARTIST for vorbis comments, SongKong has an option to write both that will be added to Jaikoz.

I saw this Discogs Url field, but it is the whole URL and not only the ID. If Discogs decides to change their URL scheme this will not work as expected anymore ;-(

I do prefer ALBUMARTIST, but I guess there are three different fields for the same thing “ALBUM ARTIST”, “ALBUM_ARTIST” as well as “ALBUMARTIST”.

Thanks for your answers.

[quote=triplem]I saw this Discogs Url field, but it is the whole URL and not only the ID. If Discogs decides to change their URL scheme this will not work as expected anymore ;-(
[/quote]
True, I could add in a Discogs Release Id field if there was demand but then you have to keep both fields synced.

[quote=triplem]
I do prefer ALBUMARTIST, but I guess there are three different fields for the same thing “ALBUM ARTIST”, “ALBUM_ARTIST” as well as “ALBUMARTIST”.
Thanks for your answers.[/quote]
Yes, silly that VorbisComments dont have a proper standard for their standard fields.