SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

files with MB etc not recognized

Hi

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but this is very strange. I have very, very bad results with Jaikoz. I have not used it for a while, but a few days ago I mistakenly entered the same album, artist and album artist for several albums and now I want to put them back.
I thought this will be a very easy job.
The files have ther original artwork, and even though they show Bloodhound Gang in the artist field for all files in jaikoz, I can filter in the cloumn browser for several different artists, but I cannot find where this original data is stored.
My complete database has gone thru jaikoz originally. Only files identified by jaikoz have been in there. I thought i just ?press auto and that will be it.
From the 156 files Jaikoz then filled out about 20 with artists but not albums.

Here is an example. I filter manually to artist Lois Armstrong. I have been presented with a complete album. It has all the tracks.

-the files all have musicbrianz ID.
-the files all have acoustid ID.
-somewhere it has the artist indicated as Lois Armstrong, as I was able to filter it.
-if I select view track at musicbrainz the correct page is loaded.
EVEN SO, if I select auto correct only on this eleven files, it returns nothing.
I dont get this. There is all the data, all the IDs…the program know which page to open…yet it wont correct the album.

So I thought it wont overwrite the bad album for soem reason…and cleared the album column. No luck. Then I manually entered the Artist. Still Nothing. Obviously I can now manually look up the album ver easily, but it kind of makes the program useless.
I’ll try to attach a screenshot.

I have then continued my tries.
Selecting Retrieve AcuostID will answer the file already has an acoustID. Obviously.
Selecting Autocorrect Metadata from MusicBrainz will say ‘Ignored 1 song because they already have a MusicBrainz uniqueID’. and nothing happens.
Selecting Autocorrect Metadata from Discogs will say ‘Sucessfully matched 0 Songs’ and again nothing happens…

I do not get what else is needed for Jaikoz to retrieve data. And I have a hundred files like this.

BTW trying to attach a screenshot will give back an error. I’ll try to email them.

It already has a Musicbrainz Id, hence it is already matched there is nothing for Jaikoz to do. If you want Jaikoz to rematch songs that are already matched you need to uncheck Preferences:Musicbrainz:Automatch:Do not match online if already have a Musicbrainz Recording Id.

DIscogs have changed something that is breaks searching and matching a Discogs release in Jaikoz, this will be fixed in January.

Discogs problem resolved in Jaikoz 5.0.0 http://jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/6880.page