SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Files being eaten by the Sock Monster!

I have the latest version of Jaikoz and iTunes running on a promac with Mac OS 10.5.

Issues I have are as follows;

1: Files are being copied rather than replaced during the auto update in a lot of cases.
2: Files are going missing. This maybe because I’ve been deleting the copies but I’ve been quite fastidious about this and checking which files work (usually they both do) and deleting the older, unedited file. Later on, iTunes loses these files completely. They not even on the computer anymore.

As such I’ve lost about 10% of my music collection, so I’m not exactly a happy bunny. I’ve gone through the entire collection over the past two days clearing out redundant links yet they’re still popping up today!

3: More of a general gripe, my iTunes ratings aren’t being kept. For someone with a lot of music (hence why I ought the software in the first place) and OCD this is really frustrating!

Please Help!

Hi, in order to work this out I need more information as follows:
Your logs (Action/Create Support Files) ,
the contents of Home:Library:Preferences:Jaikoz:Applescript and your iTunes Music Library.xml file
Some examples of which files have gone wrong/missing ectera

But some general replies to your issues based on the little info I have.

1. Jaikoz doesnt copy any files, it just saves them to the current name or renames/moves them if you specify.
  2. Jaikoz does not lose files, unless you have told Jaikoz to delete files they wont be deleted, so I think it is much more likely that iTunes doesnt know about the files. Do you understand the way iTunes makes copies of every file added to it (if you have the appropriate setting set)
  3. Jaikoz didnt use to keep ratings when files were moved(because they are not held in the file itself but only within iTunes) but this was added in 2.8.2 so it should keep ratings now.

Hi Paul,
Email’s been sent along with Applescript log plus supplemental evidence to support @ jthink.
The problem seems to be that the old entries in iTunes are not being replaced, they sit alongside the new entries. They both link to the same file though, as such it’s my fault that the files are going missing :frowning:

The issue of duplicates files and lost ratings in iTunes was fixed in Jaikoz 2.8.1, the examples provided are when using Jaikoz 2.8.0