SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Files are ordered by Song No: data instead of Track No

I’ve hand tagged a collection of mp3 files, including Disk No (x of 4), and Track No, but when I drag the files into VLC, it keeps sorting them by Jaikoz’ Track No data, so song 10 is first, then 11-19, 20, 21, 2, 3, 4 etc.

What can I do to fix this behavior?

If I drag some songs to VLC it just lists them in the order they were before being dragged, and within VLC it just has three columns

Name
Author
Duration

it doesnt have a trackno field

So isn’t VLC just listing the files in the order they were selected ?

It’s weird. VLC is NOT just listing the files in the order they were selected. At least not how they list in the finder. I agree that VLC doesn’t list trackno, but that seems to be the value used when it draws the playlist.

The OSX finder lists the songs in correct order. The filenames all begin with numbers, then a space, then the title. i.e. “1 I’ve Got You Under My Skin”, “2 The Shadow Of Your Smile”… The transition from 9 to 10, 11 are as one would expect.

I dragged the untagged mp3s into Jaikoz and, even though they had no discernible metadata, they listed in the order of 1, 10, 11, 12…19, 02, 20, 03, 04, 05… 09. There are 20 tracks.

I associated track info for these files from Musicbrainz and corrected this metadata by hand. *These files had the same issue I described in my “Musicbrainz data is just wrong” thread at http://www.jaikoz.com/jaikozforum/posts/list/6629.page#13573 but I corrected manually and saved.

The files still list correctly in the Finder but if I remove and drag them into Jaikoz again, they continue to list out of order, even with the saved tracknumber metadata. VLC has them in the same order as Jaikoz but a test with iTunes shows proper numbered listing, as in Finder.

Did I toggle a setting accidentally? I sent an email, as requested in the other thread, with my support files, in case they would be of use.

Thanks again for replying.

By default Jaikoz is just listing them as they are loaded , which is alphabetically by filename, so clearly a filename starting with ‘10’ is going to come before a filename starting with ‘2’. But to sort by track no just click on the track number column, alternatively use a filename that works alphabetically, i.e label the second track as ‘02’ rather than ‘2’.