SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

File Rename Mask First Letter of Artist query does work, my brain doesn't. (RESOLVED)

Hi there,

My music library is setup with a folder structure like this

e:\music\first letter of artist name\artist\album\

up until recently (sorry, not sure exactly when to the date or release #), the following rename mask was working as expected per the folder structure:

ifnotempty2(albumartist.substring(0,1),artist.substring(0,1),'/')
+ ifnotempty2(albumartist,artist,'/')
+ ifnotempty(album,'/')
+ ifnotempty2(albumartist,artist,' - ')
+ ifnotempty(album,' - ')
+ ifmultidisc(ifnotempty(pad(discno,2),' - '))
+ ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
+ title

at some point, as you can see in the screen shot here, the first letter portion of the mask stopped working. i am not sure if i mucked something up , or if something broke with songkong.

how can i get this working again? i am making quite the mess of my collection and could use some help to fix it :slight_smile: if there is any additional info/logging/etc i can provide to assist, please let me know.

<3

i may have just fixed it myself. the masks are attached to the current profile, aren’t they. i think i was editing the mask i made in the wrong place, and thus never running with the edits i made :wink:

Confirmed, I’m an idiot :slight_smile: learn from my mistake: make sure when you edit a mask from preferences, that you have the current profile set as you intend to run it. what i did was assume that the masks were global, not per profile. i ended up not running the mask that i edted because it was under the default profile.

Yes, masks are globally available to all profiles, but different profiles can set different masks from the available masks.