SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

File naming and text problems

Hi,

Thanks for a great program, it really makes keeping my music organised really easy!

I have a couple of problems hat I’m hoping you can help me with.

1. I’m having problems getting my head around the new way to change file names from within Jaikoz. What do I need to enter in order to correct all my files into either

Artist - Title

or

Track Number - Title

?

Also, I use MegaSeg to sequence my files when I run a disco at weddings. Increasingly often, artwork saved within Jaikoz doesnt appear within MegaSeg and the text can sometimes appear in something that looks similar to Japanese. Is this a problem with my other programs or do I need to change an option in preferences? It’s something I’ve noticed when opening recently edited files in other programs too.

Thanks!

Aidan

Here you go:

(albumartist.length>0  ? albumartist  +'-':(artist.length>0 ? artist +'-': ''))  + + title

(trackno.length>0  ? trackno  +'-':'')  + + title

Please see http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/4394.page for solution.

Thanks for the text solution,

I can’t get those codes to work however. Both examples end up as:

01 - Nan
02 - Nan

etc…

Any ideas?

Aidan

Sorry, there was an additional ‘+’ in there, should be

(albumartist.length>0  ? albumartist  +'-':(artist.length>0 ? artist +'-': ''))   + title

(trackno.length>0  ? trackno  +'-':'')  +  title

Would it be useful/possible to add a clickable line of a “basic” expression to the list box at the bottom of the file naming fields? I remember how much of a relief it was to have %folderseparator% back in the day, for instance, because I didn’t have a clue how to make that happen.
So maybe, for those of us who have trouble remembering every character in the js scripting, you could add something like your default for that field instead of just the field name, or a separate called “Default”? It takes me a bit to construct how I want my files to be set up, and having to save it to a text file and wipe both fields with the Default button just to get the java that I’m unfamiliar with.

I’m imagining something like:
(default.length>0 ? default + ‘-’ :’’)

I hope this makes sense. I’m essentially doing this outside of the program with notepad anyway.

Yeah maybe, moving to Javascript is quite a big step and I may add some more stuff to the dropdpwn list. However in your case Im sure you’ll be au fait with it all before I get round to doing this.

Quite true. It’s a good crash course in javascript, really! Useful skill to have.