SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

File and Folder Correct Problem

Hi Folks,

I have run a lot of folders through the Autocorrect Tags tagger, which worked as I expected and seemed to go well. When I used Correct Sub Folders from Tags and Correct FileName From Tags All hell broke loose :slight_smile:

What actually happened is that most, if not all of the folders I had been working on were moved to teh root directory I was working on, leaving the old folder structure in place but with no files in it?

What I wanted was to have all my files updated with proper tags, and moved to subfolders within their current folder structure that were related to the album and artist is that didn’t exist.

I’ve used this feature before without hassle, but not often so i don’t know if it’s possible I’ve done something.

Here’s the File and Folder Correct settings I have:

RENAME FOLDER FROM TAGS:
%bestartist%%folderseperator%%album%

RENAME FILE FROM TAGS:
$if(%bestartist%,%bestartist%-)$if(%album%,%album%-)$if(%trackno%,%trackno%-)%title%

Any more info required please ask!

Cheers

J

Forgot to upload the log as well.

Problems start at around May 2, 2009 10:05:52 when my folders are thrown everywhere :slight_smile:

The key is the seperation between the base folder and the subfolder columns, it counds like when you loaded your songs you had part of the base folder that you wanted to keep go into the subfolder , then it was lost when overwritten with Correct SubFolder from tags.

For example you load the folder /Users/Johnny/Music/Blur/Parklife
you probably want to be split as follows:

BaseFolder /Users/Johnny/Music/
SubFolder /Blur/Parklife

but if it gets split as follows:

BaseFolder /Users/Johnny/
SubFolder /Music/Blur/Parklife

then when you run Correct SubFolders from tags, you would end up with

BaseFolder /Users/Johnny/
SubFolder /Blur/Parklife

giving

/Users/Johnny/Blur/Parklife

Jaikoz cannot determine the split itself, but you can set it on loading files based on what what folder you select and what value you use for ‘Specify the number of folders above this selection to set the Base Folder to’

You can also change the seperation when already loaded using Action/File and Folder Correct/Shift Base to Sub Folder and Action/File and Folder Correct/Shift Sub to Base Folder

Don’t know if it’s just cos it’s my first day back at work but that confused me :slight_smile:

Nah I kinda get what you mean, I just don’t understand what I need to do now. I have a backup so I’m restoring as I type but I don’t want to have to do that too many times this week :slight_smile:

I forgot to say that it also created a few weird folders with names I didn’t have anywhere and also some folders like 06\Nirvana\RadioSessions\mollys lips.mp3 when the original was in the correct Nirvana folder structure in the first place, but had been moved to this new location.

I know I probably just need to read the instruction more carefully (or at least just read them :slight_smile: ) but if you could give me an obvious place to look at for what i’m trying to do, rather than me having to sort through my collection one album at a time I’d appreciate it :slight_smile: I know you’ve indicated this at the bottom of the post but you I mean more in the way of me getting a total understanding of how this is supposed to work.

Cheers

John

I don’t see any need for you to restore anything, can’t you just go into Finder/Windows Explorer and move all your files up a level, if that is the problem. Would help if you hive me an example of where a file was and where it is now.

Hi Paul,

An example that I can’t move up one level from would be:

z:\Music\Nirvana\Nevermind\track06.mp3
z:\06\Nirvana\Nevermind\track06.mp3

z;\Music\Beck\loser.mp3
z:\06\Beck\Loser.mp3
And there were a few of these structures created and I have no idea why.

The other thing looked as you derscribed:

Z:\Music\Drowning Pool\Pieces of Nothing\Bodies.mp3
Z:\Drowning Pool\Pieces of Nothing\Bodies.mp3

and in this case I could do what you suggest.

It’s not a big deal it just means I’ll have to work on a copy in future and merge the new updated folders in as I do them (probably what I should have done anyway!

Cheers

J

Okay, you are using the field %bestartist% which uses the AlbumArtist field first and if that is empty uses the Artist field. So my guess is your artist field contains Nirvana BUT your Album Artist field contains 06 , please take a look at let me know.

You can also use File/Save and Move to move all the files to Z:\Music