SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

File and Folder Correct needs to filter out invalid characters

I have noticed that if there is a song with a character that is invalid in file and folder names (? or * are obvious examples) then Jaikoz generates an error.

Is it possible to include a setting to filter out such characters when using the File and Folder Correct function?

Thanks.

Hi what OS are you using

On OSX if there are ? in the field they are not removed from the filename when you run ‘Correct Filenames from Tags’ , but on OSX I it is ok to create files with '?'s in the filename, on Windows they are filtered out.

'*'s are automatically removed whether they are inputted by running ‘Correct Filenames from Tags’ or by typing asterisks directly into the filename or subfolder fields.

So I cant see the problem

I see. However, I store my files on a server (with ext2 as the file system) and so the ? characters are a problem.

Is it possible to make it a configurable option in the settings to not use specific characters?

I’ll investigate, for users less technical than yourself it would be better if the filtering was automatic so that filenames are always valid for the filesystem being used, but this may be difficult to do with so many possible variations.