SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Featured Artist being removed from Artist

I have found now that the feat artist is being removed from the artist title, i understand this was a request has this now been implemented?

The issue i am having anything after the first featured artist and the first & is retained eg

1 Giant Leap feat. Robbie Williams & Maxi Jazz becomes

1 Giant Leap & Maxi Jazz or

1 Giant Leap feat. Eddi Reader, The Mahotella Queens & Revetti Sakalar becomes

1 Giant Leap & Revetti Sakalar

Hmm, it has just been implemented for SongKong but not yet Jaikoz yet. I assume you do mean Jaikoz, do you know if the songs are being matched to MusicBrainz or Dicogs.

Yes it’s Jaikoz 7 and it is when it updates metadata from existing Musicbrainz ID’s

I dont know, I think I need examples with musicbrainz release ids and support files to make progress on this.

You are right, working on it now and should be a new release of Jaikoz including fix tomorrow http://jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-879

Any luck on getting this fixed in songkong as well when there is an ampersand in the feat part of the artist name? Where it only moves the feat. artist from the artist to the song title when it precedes the ampersand and leaves the part in the artist name that follows the ampersand.

Hi greengeek, that is a different issue, I think I told you I had already fixed it. But fixing a bug and releasing a new of an application that has that bug fixed are two different thing. However there should be a new release of SongKong soon enough.