SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

FAQ:Known issues due to Problems with 3rd party software

This lists known issues which I cannot resolve at the moment because the problem lies in software not crearted by jthink, Ive reported the problem to the software vendor and hope these wil eventually get resolved.

1. Retrieve Acoustic Ids taking longer than a few seconds for every file.
Description
Retrieve Acoustic Ids uses Genpuid provided by MusicIP, this always connects to MusicIP using Port 10001 first, then if this timeouts it then trys port 80 (which should always be open because it is used by Webbrowsers to access websites). The trouble is the timeout can takeupto a minute, and genpuid is called for every file so it happens for every file.
Workaround
Please configure your router or firewall to allow outbound connections to Port 10001.

2. On Mac OSX Unable to drag files from iTunes to Jaikoz
Description
There is no effect when drag files from iTunes on Jaikoz
Workaround
You can drag files from iTunes to the Finder/and or the Finder to Jaikoz

1. This was fixed a while ago in the MuscIP Application so is no longer a problem.

2. I devised a workaround for this in 2.8.1, you can now drag and drop files directly from iTunes on to Jaikoz BUT there is a big delay between dropping the files and Jaikoz signalling that it has received the files. Dont know why the delay is occuring, but I will also be adding a an applescript to iTUbnes script folder to accomplish the same thing.