SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

external hardrive

hi there
mine is a simple question all my music is on a external hard drive,most of which is not tagged properly,
how do i tag my music and rename songs on my external hard drive

As long as it is connected, you can just select the contents using Add Folder.

hi paul
my e xternal hard drive is attached but when i add folder nothing changes on hard drive , still track 1 track 2 etc.
i am a complete novice on your site and dont really understand the tuturials,
i now its only something simple but i cant work it out .
it there was a problem changing some files,these have been left with the status of changed[access is denied]
many thanks
not very good on keyboard as well
coyb

You click on Add Folder to load some songs into Jaikoz
Then select Autcoorrect to fix the loaded songs
Then select Save to save the changes back to your files

hi paul

i did as you said ,
there was a problem with this message
there was a problem changing some files,these have been left with status of changed.[access is denied

Indicate a permissions problem, probably the files on your external drive are owned by a different user to the one you are running Jaikoz with

hi paul.
all the contents of the hard drive belong to me ,
i have just got a new computer with windows 7 on it could this be a problem.
last computer had xp windows on it
many thanks alan

If you copy some of those files form your harddrive onto your local computer does it work then, if so it is the permissions of the files themselves or the folder they are within. If this harddrive was originally on your old computer are
you sure the username they were created with iis the same username that you are using on your new Windows machine, does it work if your run Jaikoz as Administrator ?

thanks paul.
it worked when i draged the cd from hard drive to desktop.
just got to change administrator now,
i wonder how you do that ,i am a novice on this subject.
thanks again for your help
alan

Hi, right click on the Jaikoz icon and select ‘Run as Administrator’

thanks for your help paul.
that solved the problem, the first time i tried it but did not work on subsequent occasions,
it works fine when i drag my folders[cd,s] to my desktop ,so i will just do this for any cds i have to tag.
whats your opion on the best programe to copy youre ipod,also whats the best cd ripper about.
i know this is nothing to do with your programe but grateful for any advice from you or any of youre users.
thanks again alan
great program paul
coyb

[quote=alanroberts]thanks for your help paul.
that solved the problem, the first time i tried it but did not work on subsequent occasions,
[/quote]
That will just do it for that inovation of Jaikoz. To set it permanently
Right click on Jaikoz
Select Properties
Click on Compatability Tab
Check the Run as Administrator checkbox

But the point of doing this was really to confirm if there was an issue with your permissions, as there actually is you probably be better sorting out your permissions on your harddrive.

[quote=alanroberts]
whats your opion on the best programe to copy youre ipod,also whats the best cd ripper about[/quote]
I havent done much research on this, anyone else ?

Both questions can be a heated debate as a quick google search will show.

For CD ripping, I use dbpoweramp. It is found at http://dbpoweramp.com/ It has secure ripping for a perfect disc rip comparison, plus PerfectMeta which grabs its data from 5 different sources picking id3 tag information which is most popular/accurate. I have ripped hundreds of CDs with this program and have been very pleased with it.

For music playback I like mediamonkey at http://www.mediamonkey.com/ It seems to be one of the better apps at handling large libraries and has a lot of nice addons. It also supports ipod syncing. I stream all my music so don’t use an ipod. My wife who uses her ipod nonstop just uses the default itunes, http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ She mainly only uses it to sync her music. It is a little slow as a player for my needs, but works great for just syncing ones ipod to the library on their computer.