SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Even after latest upgrade, still cannont Ctrl-click and Shift-click multiple select

Just installed the latest upgrade to Jailoz in Ubuntu Studio 14 today, Aug 13. . Even after latest upgrade, still cannont Ctrl-click and Shift-click multiple select in columns in Jaikoz. As before, those “chords” work just fine in all my other programs. I took a screenshot of a multiple select in my file manager and attached it. Chuck

Sorry I haven’t resolved this particular Linux issue yet, Ive raised https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1061 but can you also email me your support files (Advanced:Create Support Files) because I need to check your Java configuration

Ah, you already told me that but I would like to confirm Jaikoz is actually using the version you say it is.

But also I think it would be worth uninstalling

java version 1.8.0_45

and installing

java version 1.8.0_25

instead as I think the issue is related to this java bug

http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8096787

which was introduced in 1.8.0_40

Thanks anyway, but I give up so you can close this request for help out. I am a commercial artist and not a programmer so working with the command line is way over my pay grade. It was enough of a struggle for me to get rid of the Java that Ubuntu comes with and install the latest version just to get Jaikoz to install under Ubuntu Linux. Then I had to figure out how to make a desktop program loader that would run the newly installed Jaikoz (replete with icon!}. That was interesting. Only to find out group selecting did not work. Then, upon reading your reply, i spent about an hour and a half trying to find that older version of Java with no luck. All I accomplished was installing an even more recent version of Java. And group select still does not work! I have a dual-boot PC and Jaikoz works just fine under Windows so I will use that one.

Before:

chuck@HP-700-230qe:~$ java -version
java version “1.8.0_45”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

Currently::

chuck@HP-700-230qe:~$ java -version
java version “1.8.0_51”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_51-b16)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.51-b03, mixed mode)

Okay well it looks to be fixed in 1.8.0_60 so if you just get the latest version in a couple of months that should do it.

But what I should do is bundle the correct version of java with Jaikoz which is what I do for the Mac and PC installations, I already have an issue raised for this.