SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

error when opening music purchased in iTunes

hello. i get the following error when i try to add folders containing music purchased in iTunes…

The following audio files are not recognized as audio files, they may be corrupt:

i can see the songs listed there, but the error concerns me. It seems as though i can save the changes. i emailed the support files.

thanks!

Hi, I think what has happened is you bought the files using a Mac and stored them on a remote (non-mac) drive, but then when you open the files Jaikoz is not complaining about the music file itself but the OSX hidden file that should normally be hidden to the user.

i.e complaining about

._10 Baltihorse.m4a

not

10 Baltihorse.m4a

You get this problem if copy mac folders to a windows machine, I note that you are not actually using Windows but the problem is essentially the same and maybe to do with the format of your media folder.

So in summary nothing to worry about, but Jaikoz should be improved to silently ignore these hidden files.

I had this issue too. There are applications that remove these hidden Mic files, for example Hidden Remove (http://www.apfelsoftware.de/hidden.html), which works well for me. I start it on my Mac and it cleans my Unix NAS. Oh, and it is available for Mac and for Windows.

ya my external is formatted ex-fat instead of the mac os extended. this is so it can be happy in windows world too. thanks for your help guys!