SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Error tagging MP3 files using MusicBrainz

I came by Jaikoz some days ago and thought it sounded interesting. Therefore I decided to test the capabilities of Jaikoz out on a very messy MP3 collection (about 1400 MP3’s), which not only is tagged bad but also has a mix of known and unknown artist’s. This turned out to be a bigger task then first thought because of a problem. Jaikoz did not report any of the MP3 files corrupt (and I have checked with other programs to make sure they aren’t), yet seems to Freeze a little over half way when tagging from MusicBrainz. It gives several pop-ups with the message “Unexpected Error” and then stops going through the file. Jaikoz itself is still functional and does not seem to be affected after I have to end the MusicBrainz tagging (by clicking on the finish button). I tried this several times and the last 2 times I saved the log files (I deleted them in between testing so that there are 1 set of the log files for each try). I couldn’t find how to attach the files here so I added them through a link (the RAW mode is pure text like the original log file). Here they are:

First try (jaikozuser0-0.log) (RAW)
First try (jaikozdebug-0-0.log) (RAW)

Second try (jaikozuser0-0.log) (RAW)
Second try (jaikozdebug-0-0.log) (RAW)

I really find Jaikoz to be a very nice tag editor and therefore I hope we can resolve this issue quickly so that I could fully test Jaikoz before my trial license expires.

PS. As I understand it Jaikoz uses TRM to identify music from MusicBrainz, when will there be a release that supports PUID’s?

Hi, its me again (the first poster). I was just wondering if anyone had taken a look at what might be causing my problem? This is because my links are about to expire and I would like to know if I should upload them again or just let them expire. I really want to make this application works since I find it so nice. Now should I re-upload the files once the links have expired? And has anyone any ideas that might be of help?

Hi, I think this issue has been fixed. I have been trying to do a release over the last week but have a couple of setbacks outside of my control, however I am confident that I will have done a new release Monday.

This new release does looks ups with Puids rather than TrmIds and is more accurate.

Thank your for your reply. I am very pleased that you are so quick to fix things and a release on Monday means I can still try it out during my trial period :slight_smile: Also I am happy to see PUID’s support because of the accuracy. Keep up the good work :slight_smile: