SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Error: MSVCR100.dll is missing

HI all

First post on here for me.
I’ve downloaded the trial version of Jaikoz to test it out. I was suitably impressed with it’s accuracy and features so decided to purchase a license.
I’ve opened the program successfully on a few occasions, but now I get an error saying the program cant start as MSVCR100.dll is missing.

I’ve downloaded the installation package again and re-installed, overwriting the existing installation.

My next move is to un-install Jaikoz, the install as new.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I am runiing Win7 Ultimate 32bit with 4Gb RAM

Your help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Just type your demands into google and that throws some results like

Hi TH3 MOL this error (and similar) are related to the interaction between Java ad Windows rather than Jaikoz itself. Unfortunately though exactly where a Java installation looks for these files is not clearly documented, and varies for 32bit Java versus 64 bit.

In the short-run just try running Jaikoz.bat rather than Jaikoz.exe, if that does’t work you could reinstall Java or get a copy of the dll.

In future release I plan to bundle Jaikoz with a JVM to hopefully resolve this issue.

Hi Guys

thanks for the responses.

I fixed the missing file issue, only to walk into another issue.

Jaikoz would not start.

I could see that it innitialised for a couple of seconds in windows Task Manager, but nothing would come of it.

I uninstalled/restarted/installed, but to no avail.

Searched the forums, read and double read install instructions.
Finally realised Java had updated to the latest version.

Rolled back to the latest 1.6 and voila. It works.

Why does Jaikoz not work with anything later than 1.6?

Thanks again guys. It’s a great program and it’s really whipping my huge library back into shape!

Tried that from cmd and it returned with a “no access to jar file” or such like.

did both and it’s all working now!
:mrgreen:

I searched on my pc where it is, and copied it to the directory where jaikoz is installed : issue solved.