SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Entering rating of ONE star doesn't work!

After at least a year of heavy use of Jaikoz, I believe every entry ever made of "ONE STAR" has been a failure. I just noticed I can enter ONE star/save/close file/reopen file…nothing there. Repeat the test=same issue.

I was using ver 4.6, tried upgrading to 5.4 and it still happens (windows 7 64bit, mp3’s).

BTW- LOVE the improvements since v4.6, especially the powerful toolbar additions, but I do really miss the right-click "ACTIONS" & "SAVE". I see I can get them at the far left ID column, but its much clumsier. How about toolbar icons for closing/action of SELECTED files only? Either that or "options>gridlines color/weight" choice, so I can see easily across a wide table of entries?

The toolbar does work on SELECTED files only if something is selected, but based on the rowno’s being selected rather than fields in the main table, this is because very difficult to have nothing selected in the main table

YES! I actually stumbled on that just after posting, and then found a post where you described this. What you did totally makes sense to me; however, I have a beautiful huge monitor and if I make an edit at the far right it becomes critical to scroll everything over to be sure I’m using the right rownos. I truly would love a display option to set a color or width to the gridlines.

But my REAL problem is the ONE STAR issue. I can load the exact same files and jaikoz will handle any star rating just as expected…unless I give it one star and then even jaikoz won’t see it upon reload of the file. I’m using the latest release.

Hi, replicated the problem http://jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-690 , you can work round it if you set to use the iTunes scale, but whether this is suitable depends on what player you are using.

I’m using MediaMonkey. I actually use one star a lot, as a flag for issues in files (because I can enter such an indicator with an ipod, etc).

I’ll probably just use comments tag to help get it straight once files are opened in mediamonkey, and wait for a fix.

thanks.

Fixed in Jaikoz 5.5.0, should be out later today.