SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Ellipses (...) causing issues saving

I did the file/folder rename, and albums with the (…) in them are causing an issue saving. Apparently FOLDERS ending in a period are not allowed. (I didn’t know that, news to me) Periods are OK in the middle. [On Windows] I do not know about Linux or Mac.

So then there’s also an issue with the behavior of what happened:

Sep 23, 2016 1:05:59 AM: SEVERE: There was a problem changing some files,these have been left with status of changed
Sep 23, 2016 1:05:59 AM: SEVERE: Unable to rename file to:Z:\MP3Done\Godsmack\All Wound Up…\Godsmack - All Wound Up… - 04 - Keep Away.mp3
Sep 23, 2016 1:05:59 AM: SEVERE: Unable to rename file to:Z:\MP3Done\DJ Shadow\Endtroducing…\DJ Shadow - Endtroducing… - 03 - The Number Song.mp3
Sep 23, 2016 1:05:59 AM: SEVERE: Unable to rename file to:Z:\MP3Done\DJ Shadow\Endtroducing…\DJ Shadow - Endtroducing… - 04 - Changeling Transmission 1.mp3
Sep 23, 2016 1:05:59 AM: SEVERE: Unable to rename file to:Z:\MP3Done\DJ Shadow\Endtroducing…\DJ Shadow - Endtroducing… - 10 - Why Hip Hop Sucks in '96.mp3
Sep 23, 2016 1:05:59 AM: SEVERE: Unable to rename file to:Z:\MP3Done\DJ Shadow\Endtroducing…\DJ Shadow - Endtroducing… - 11 - Midnight in a Perfect World.mp3

This was after a “save and Move”. When you save and move, after saving the file is closed. So the message said the file was left as changed, but what happened when it couldn’t save, it closed the file.

Okay, thankyou I’ve added to your comments to this issue https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1132