SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Editing a Single Value in Multiple Value Fields

Hi,

Is there a way to edit single items in Multiple Value Fields? For example, when applying “Sound Check” in iTunes, it adds that (annoying) iTunNorm comment to files. It would be great if we could remove that without having to completely remove all comments.

Another example, I use Rapid Evolution to determine what key my mp3 is in, and it writes the key to a User Defined value “key_start”. It would be great to be able to delete all other User Defined values other than “key_start” to clean up my library.

Thoughts?

*If there is no way to currently do this, may I suggest a way to implement? When right-clicking a multiple value field, have a few new choices for Multi-Value fields; namely “Set Multi-Value…”, “Redescribe Multi-Value…”, and “Delete Multi-Value…”.

“Set Multi-Value…”:
When selected, a dialog will pop up similar to the “Set Value” dialog; only it will have two input boxes instead of one. The first input box will be “Description”, and the second box will be “Value”. The process will overwrite the value of any multi-value field who’s description matches “Description”.

“Redescribe Multi-Value…”:
When selected, a dialog will pop up similar to the “Set Value” dialog; only it will have two input boxes instead of one. The first input box will be “Old Description”, and the second box will be “New Description”. The process will rename any multi-value field description who’s description matches “Old Description”.

“Delete Multi-Value…”:
When selected, a dialog will pop up similar to the “Set Value” dialog. The input box will be “Description to be Deleted”. The process will delete any multi-values who’s description matches.

Yes you can do this, multiple value fields such as genre have a little button to the left of the value that can be double clicked on, this then shows all values stored in the field and they can be edited or deleted.

I assume you are talking about mp3s, in the case of iTunNorm it isnt really a ‘comment’ it just uses the COMM frame to store the value, so I hide this value from the comment field because it isn’t what you normally want to see as the song comment.
But if you enable View/Show ID3 Tabs then you can use the ID3 tab which displays your metadata directly mapped to the underlying ID3 tag, i.e. one field represents one ID3 frame. So if you look at the comment field will see a button beside the value and you can click the dialog to delete the iTunNorm comment.

If you look at values in the User Defined Text Info you’ll see the Rapid Evolution fields and you can delete/edit the other ones. But some of those fields are Musicbrainz fields so you wouldnt want to delete them if using Jaikoz for matching songs.

Thanks very much for your speedy response Paul.

I think I wasn’t specific enough, however; I’m looking to delete all occurances of iTunNorm. I.e. somehow delete all iTunNorm comments among all my 6,000+ mp3 library. Same for cleaning up my User Defined Text Info.

So my revised question: is it possible to batch edit Multiple Value Fields?

Right, you can batch delete them but you that would delete all comments, you cant delete comments with a particular description.

So you could go into the ID3Edit Tab, right click on the Comment column header and select Empty Column.

If you want to preserve normal comments what you could do first of all would be go the the Edit tab, drag a column you don’t really use (possible column might be Mood) to the right of the Comment field and use Append to Right to copy the values from each comment field to the corresponding mood field, then empty the comments column in the ID3 Edit tab, then switch back to edit tab and use Append to Left to copy the values back from Mood to Comment, then do Empty Column on the Mood column.

You could apply the same logic to preserve user defined fields with a particular description but this would be rather laborious for more than one, so if you really want to remove fields from this column I would just empty the column before using Jaikoz to correct the songs.

Field in the Unsupported and Unknown columns are not used by Jaikoz and can be deleted without effecting the operation of Jaikoz.

Your suggestions of Set-Multi-Value ecetera would work, and I may implement but I would not consider this a problem that would be of interest to many customers so I cannot consider it as a priority

No I think he wants to delete certain Description\Value pairs from the User Defined Text Info column.
That’s also what I would like to do since I’ve got these two Description \Values in there left over from when I used to use MusicIP:

1. MusicMagic Data\usicMagic Data
  2. MusicMagic Fingerprint\usicMagic Fingerprint
    (don’t know why the “M” is missing from the values)

Any way I can just delete those 2 description\values only out of that column for my entire library?

Understood, no you cannot do this at the moment.

As a workasround you could delete all values from the User Defined Text Info fields BEFORE you start correcting from Jaikoz.