SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

drop down boxen in OSX

for example, the Genre field in the Edit section, I can’t seem to click the part that should drop down the selection field. It is especially impossible when you have more than one file selected.

this is part of a general issue in OSX in that the non-OSX type buttons are really really small, like the up/down arrows for hiding sections

Do you mean impossible, or just difficult to select ?

when multiple files are selected I have yet to get the box to drop down. I was hoping it was just difficult but I’ve kept trying and will now say impossible.

as a side effect, larger “buttons” for these actions, at least in OSX would be great as they are very small.

When you have genre fields in multiple rows selected it wouldn’t make sense to be able to show the genre drop down because the drop down only applies to the field you are editing, and when manually entering a value you only enter one field at a time.

If you are trying to apply the same genre to multiple fields, enter it into one and then just copy and paste into the others ( as you would if using a spreadsheet).

You mean the up down/arrow at the side of the genre field, I would think it would look funny if any larger.

[quote=paultaylor]When you have genre fields in multiple rows selected it wouldn’t make sense to be able to show the genre drop down because the drop down only applies to the field you are editing, and when manually entering a value you only enter one field at a time.

If you are trying to apply the same genre to multiple fields, enter it into one and then just copy and paste into the others ( as you would if using a spreadsheet).
[/quote]

That doesn’t really make sense to me. If I have 10 files selected and I choose a drop down box for any of them I want that field to change for all of them. That’s a pretty standard way apps work.

yes. In OSX it’s really small. maybe not bigger, but a little wider would be nice, like I said, it’s tough to hit (or maybe it’s just the response time/effect is too slow/has very little visual feedback?)

[quote]That doesn’t really make sense to me. If I have 10 files selected and I choose a drop down box for any of them I want that field to change for all of them. That’s a pretty standard way apps work.
[/quote]
I guess that is sort of how iTunes works , if you select ‘Get Info’ on multiple files then changes are applied to all files but Ive always found it confusing because you cant clearly see what your changing.

Jaikoz doesn’t work this way, it works more like a spreadsheet , and a spreadsheet (even on a mac) would not change all selected fields if you selected a dropdown box on one particular field, similarly if you have multiple fields selected and then you start typing in one field the selection changes to the field you started typing in and only that file is changed not all the fields you previously had selected.

Note that the detail panel only ever shows the last selected song, not mutiple songs (even if you have mutiple songs selected).

Of course if you have multiple fields selected and then select ‘Paste’ then that value is pasted to all fields. I could shortcut this a little and have a ‘Set Value’ menu item that sets the value of all selected fields to the value you enter.

well, in the end I don’t care what you do, just make it so I can select multiple files and change the genre for all of them at the same time, cause right now I can’t.