SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Double clicking genre field changes genre to Acapella

I am not sure if this is a bug or a new feature. I noticed that in one of the later released that a new behavior was introduced to the Genre cells. I often work within Jaikoz and it isn’t uncommon for me to accidentally double click in a cell. It use to be that if I was to double click on a cell within the Genre column that it would just put the cursor in there and let me edit the field. This functioned in a way that was expected and I was use to as it mimic most spread sheet applications. Now I find when I accidentally double click in those same cells that it brings up the genre selector with the drop down. Unfortunately it defaults to Acapella and if I quickly click off it as I do not want to make any changes, it sets that field to Acapella. This makes it very easy to mess up these cells. I am finding I am now using the Undo command now quite frequently :lol: , something I hadn’t had to do in the past.

Can this behavior be changed to the way jaikoz has functioned in most releases in the past?

Thank you.

I have the same problem.
But as a default after doubleclick in the genre-cell it seems to me, that the last copied genre value is the default and “acapella” only if you just started Jaikoz

Yes, this is regression in the genre cell caused by improvements to keyboard handling, Im going to try and fix this Monday and put into the 3.8.3 release.

Fixed in second prerelease of 3.8.3

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp

Additionally the combos no longer show up until you start editing the field, this gives a cleaner look (and also some other longstanding bugs to be addressed).

Thanks. Just tested it in the pre release and it is working correctly. :slight_smile: