SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Does Jaikoz 2.8 use more memory?

Hi,

I’ve just converted my entire library with approx 2400 tracks from ALAC to FLAC.

When I now load the library during startup of Jaikoz 2.8 (I specified a base folder), Jaikoz eventually claims that it needs more memory. I never had such a report when opening the ALAC library, although I never tried that with version 2.8, only 2.7.1.

I increased the maximum heap size in info.plist to 400, then 500, then 600, 750 MB; I still get the same message, and it seems to me it’s always at the same point of reading the library (1700 tracks read). It’s as if it ignored that setting in info.plist entirely.

This is on a Mac OS X 10.5.5 machine using Java 1.5 (latest patch level). My machine has a 1.66 GHz Core Duo CPU and 1GB RAM.

Thanks for your help
Andreas

No Jaikoz 2.8 does not use more memory, there should be no need to increase the memory to load 2400 tracks anyway. I think in the conversion one of the new files is causing a problem for Jaikoz and eating up all available memory when it is loaded, that why the problem always occurs at about the same point.

Please send me your support files (using Action/Create Support Files) and I should be able to diagnose th eproblem and issue a fix pretty quickly.

I’m having the same problem when loading 9,000 mp3s.

I also tried increasing the memory to no avail.

2.7 worked fine for me, and i just wanted to go over them again with slightly adjusted threshold settings. Now, with 2.8 it will not load them all.

I’m going to try digging around my hard drive and see if I can find the 2.7 install laying around for now I guess.

Hmm… I just rolled back to 2.7, and the problem popped up again. Makes me wish I never upgraded, everything was A-OK before.

With 2.8 it loaded about 4,000 songs before running out of memory. increasing the memory didn’t stop the problem, although I failed to look and see how far it got after that.

with 2.7, before the upgrade, I loaded 9-10,000 with ease. Now that I reinstalled, it only loads 7,000. I havent tried increasing the memory yet, so I imagine that will work this time (I hope, anyway).

Anyway, it just seems weird to me that this popped up after an upgrade like that after running smooth for so long.

Great product though, and I am really very happy with it. Just a minor speed bump I suppose.

Sorry to flood the thread, but I just wanted to update

Even though upping the memory did not help in 2.8, it worked fine in 2.7.

I think I may have rooted out the problem though. I didn’t realize it, but my compute went into power save mode, where as I normally run it in high performance mode. I’m not sure if it would make a difference, but it seems like the only consistent difference since the problem. I suspect 2.8 will work with the increased memory now that I have made this change, and will test it later tonight.

Anyway, thank you so much for this wonderful program

Update: Weder problem is a bug with flac file processing that I am working on a fix for.