SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Do we have a solution to "Artist, The"

There prob is an answer to this already but my question is very difficult to search.

I have a ton of tags where the “THE” is at the end of the band name.
e.g Beatles, The rather than “The Beatles” in the Song Artist Field. Seems to happen in compilations.

This is prob from back when proggys we not smart enough to ignore the THE is alphabetizing.

Anyway it annoys me.

Anyway to just fix this without changing anything else in the tag?

Sounds like a previous tool has been putting the sort artist in the artist field

Just add all fields except Artists, Album Artist to Preferences:MusicBrainz:AutoFormat:Never Modify these Fields and Preferences:Remote Correct:Discogs:Never Modify these Fields then run Autocorrect.

[quote=paultaylor]Sounds like a previous tool has been putting the sort artist in the artist field

Just add all fields except Artists, Album Artist to Preferences:MusicBrainz:AutoFormat:Never Modify these Fields and Preferences:Remote Correct:Discogs:Never Modify these Fields then run Autocorrect.[/quote]

From what I can tell the actual info in Music brains mixes up the track artist and the sort artist. I’m really new at this program and I don’t really see how the above instructions will fix my problem.

For that matter I don’t even know what “remote correct” does.

So obviously I need to go back and RTFM.

But the one thing I found in the my searches was from several years ago a feature request that searches for “,the” at the end of the artist field the and to the front. I take it a feature like that has never been implemented? Actually this guy may have been trying to do it backwards.

http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/user/recoverPassword/9daf02d1e2d94fb229525ed6620b7417.page

No MusicBrainz/Jaikoz does not mix these up, they are separate fields:

Artist
Sort Artist
Album Artist
Album Sort Artist

Remote Correct is the mechanism by which Jaikoz identifie and updates songs from MusicBrainz/Discogs.

Please try out what I say by running Action:Autocorrect, if it doesn’t work for you then explain in more detail.