SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Discogs tags: help!!!

Hi, I’m a newbye.
I previously used the script foo_discogs to retrieve as many fields as possible from a specific release on discogs (eg: “guitar”, “mixed at”, “written by”, “mixed by”, “Design [CD Package]”, all the members of the group with their respective role …). How can I set up Jaikoz to be able to recover all this information?
I tried to search for an album through the release number (https://www.discogs.com/it/Liquid-Tension-Experiment-Liquid-Tension-Experiment/release/3977639), but very few fields are filled in.
Can you help me?

Thx! :smiley:

Hi, okay not all those relationships are currenlty filled in when matching from Discogs, but most are when matching from MusicBrainz so can you find the release from MusicBrainz and match to that instead e.g https://musicbrainz.org/release/c3c0e462-1606-40dc-9667-1b26b9fb44c5

The other point to consider is does your script put them in the same fields as Jaikoz, for example where did you put ‘written by’ or ‘guitar’, its possible there may be some differences.

ok, i’ve tried and this is the result:
https://ibb.co/dVAFhw

result is very poor. A lot of information is missing.

This is the best result for Jaikoz? It’s possible improve (with specific discogs tag)?

Thx!

Okay now I look at that MusicBrainz release again I see all the muscian credits are at release level not track level, Jaikoz is expecting them at track level that is why they are not being added.

We may improve this but thats the reason they are not being added in this case.

Great!
this album is just an example. I have hundreds of them that I would like to fill out as correctly and exhaustively as possible.
I see that Jaikoz is more connected to MusicBrainz than to Discogs. Personally I always preferred Discogs because, at least for the albums that I have, I always find the correct release of the album with all the correct data. I think it’s a continuously updated database where, although there are errors, it is very likely that these will be identified and corrected (I receive 2/3 mails a week where it is announced that a release I have in the collection has been modified). I find it more difficult to find the same thing on Musicbrainz and, if I find it, many times I find half of the information I have on discogs (ok, sometimes it’s useless information like the name of the recording studio’s attendant:D
What I’d like is that Jaikoz worked like he does, for example, the foo_discogs foobar script that downloads as much information as possible from the database. Maybe creating specific tags like “something_Discogs” for those tags for which the item already exists.

P.s. sorry for google translation… :smiley:

Well the primary database is MusicBrainz because it is more accurate, however there are more/different releases in Discogs.

We do plan more improvements for Discogs but for now I would run everything against MusicBrainz/Discogs using Autocorrect and see what you get.

I tried Autocorrect (MusicBrainz and Discogs) without results… :frowning:

Without results, it didnt do anything ?!

Do you have all your songs from all albums in a single folder ?

Or are you only testing against that one album, that I have already explained why it doesnt extract all the info you want.

up to now I’ve tried with about twenty albums (one folder for each album with all the ripped files inside) and the results are very variable. Sometimes the fields are filled in satisfactorily, for others the situation is similar toto above example: is presented even though on the discogs the release with a lot of information and on MusicBrainz the specific release (barcode search) is not present. I hope that the discogs database will be better integrated in the future.

Okay, well glad to see it is at least working for you sometimes, the Discogs situation will be improved.