SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Discogs tagging issue

Hello,

Metadata tagging not happening when using Discogs. For example, if I do a lookup via Match to Specified Discogs Id, it no longer returns results. A recent example: r8500985. Even though I know it exists on Discogs, Jaikoz says it’s unable to find a suitable release. This happens for everything. I checked my preferences but as far as I see, I should be pulling in data.

@wilcoson
try your example again but only with numbers like: 8500985

[quote=Alfg]@wilcoson
try your example again but only with numbers like: 8500985[/quote]

Thank you. Doing so, did find the release in question, however for some reason it’s not actually saving the metadata to the files. God only knows what’s going on. It used to search, find and apply tag changes using Discogs. And I used to search with the “r” included and it worked. Grrrr

where does the r’ come from I dont recall it ever working if you preceded number with an r

On the discogs page for a particular release. If you copy the bracketed text, the “r” gets copied as part of it. I used to be able to match with it included, which meant I only had to remove the brackets.

for me the discogs ID looks as example like this: [r11378402]
Usually I only delete the brackets, so the discogs ID is in this case r11378402. I always used the ID in this spelling and it was just an intuitive idea to use the ID without using the letters as described above.

I saw sometimes a “m” is preceeding the number.

I’m missing something, I go to Discogs site to a release and copied the url and I got

https://www.discogs.com/BRNS-Sugar-High/release/11381397

no preceding r

@Paul: I took a screenshot of the url you provided but I’m getting errors trying to upload the jpg. I’m just going to assume I can’t use discogs at all going fwd because it’s not working.

@Alfg: “m” stands for master which is sort of the umbrella for all of the "r"s or releases

@Paul: Copying/Pasting from the upper right part of the page you provided here is the text I see:

Release [r11381397]

Why woulds you copy/paste from there, to be honest I have never noticed that before but why not just copy the actual url in the web browser.

Hi all !

I have been using jaikoz tagging software successfully for quite a while now, recently i have come across a problem where jaikoz cannot retrieve the information from the database, even though it is there…

https://onplanners.com/templates/calendars/yearly

Can you give us a bit more information please.