SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Discogs Problems

I’m having an issue using Discogs to fetch tag information. From what I gather, in order to use Discogs in such a manner you must enter the artists Discogs URL into the “Artists Discogs URL” field under the “relations” tab"

I have done this and can clicking the “view” button takes me to appropriate release or artist page but when I remote connect -> update tags from Discogs none of the fields populate and the console states that it could not find a match (Even though I know one exists)

[quote=cveltman]From what I gather, in order to use Discogs in such a manner you must enter the artists Discogs URL into the “Artists Discogs URL” field under the “relations” tab"
[/quote]
No you need to add the Release Discogs URL into the ‘Release Discogs URL’ field, then select ‘Update tags from Discogs’.

If it still doesnt work it is because your metadata doesn’t provide enough info for discogs to get a match. To explain further, having entered the release id Jaikoz knows the Discogs release that this track belongs to but it needs to match up the correct track within the release. It does this by looking at the title, track No and Track Duration fields. If none of these contain anything it is not really possible to work out the match.

I figured that it was a different field but the only one I could find that mentions discogs is the artist field. Where is the field I need located?

Sadly the problem with having such a robust program is difficulty in finding things

Never mind, I’m an idiot…