SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Discogs Genre vs style

Hi,

Apparently, while updating the tags from discogs, Jaikoz loads the discogs “style” in the Field “Genre”. I d like to store in “Genre” what is known by “Genre” in Discogs (usually more general)

If I search manually the track in Discogs, I usualy find it easily. But Jaikoz cannot find it. I can input the discogs Url and then update to correct everything. Why Jaikoz cannot find all tracks that astually exist in Discogs database? Is there a way to give some room for spelling mis match in order to find tracks in Discogs?

thanks for your help

Flav

[quote=flav257]Hi,

Apparently, while updating the tags from discogs, Jaikoz loads the discogs “style” in the Field “Genre”. I d like to store in “Genre” what is known by “Genre” in Discogs (usually more general)
[/quote]
Yes it uses the Style, I though this was generally more consistent and accurate.

I just havent added the feature to match tracks with Discogs yet. It is quite difficult to do this accurately when you are doing it automtically because there are no special cases, and because Jaikoz can already lookup tracks from Musicbrainz it wasn’t so important to be able to find tracks in Disocgs as well. But it is something I would like to do , especiallly useful for those tracks that re not in Musicbrainz and it should be added pretty soon.

please keep it as style. it is indeed more consistent than other sources for what most people call “genre”. of course, sometimes more than one style is indicated. would be cool if we imported all of them, although im not sure if the tags support that.

But more usefull is add album in musicbrainz database and link to discogs :slight_smile: