SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

discogs correction "marked as no longer available"

but it was just a baby.

any chance its just over the limit for whatever common API token you hardcoded in there? if so, it would be nice to be able to add our own account info so we have individual limits.

Hi,

You do have individual limits, although the license key is shared the limit is per ip address over a 24 hors period. The limit is 4000 calls in a 24 hour period, do you think this is actually what your problem is. I might be able to tell from your log files.

possibly… seems to be not complaining now… i’ve stopped doing large queries against discogs because they seem to timeout after being bombarded with queries… not sure if its an intentional backoff on their side or not… its certainly possible i’ve queried over 4k from my IP in the past 24 hours prior to posting though… the library i’m trying to manage is ~ 250k tracks.

(i trust discogs as a baseline for genres, as their users generally know what they are talking about and dont use useless/meaningless labels such as “techno”, “electronica”, and “unclassifiable” that are all over musicbrainz.)

[quote=chroma]i trust discogs as a baseline for genres, as their users generally know what they are talking about and dont use useless/meaningless labels such as “techno”, “electronica”, and “unclassifiable” that are all over musicbrainz.
[/quote]
Yes I agree, genres in Musicbrainz is a new and underused features with no ‘rules’ whereas in Discogs its verey well defined.