SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Detail Pane does not update when selecting record number

If I select only the record number from the record number column in the table display, the detail pane does not update with that track’s data. I must select one of the fields in another column.

It would be good to have that default behavior change because it is easier when finding duplicate tracks with different bit rates.

[quote=Focher]If I select only the record number from the record number column in the table display, the detail pane does not update with that track’s data. I must select one of the fields in another column.
[/quote]
Currently the you can make one selection in the row header , and another in them main table independently. This is powerful but a little confusing and hence I’m aiming to have only a single selection in the next version, i.e selecting rows in the row header will also select the corresponding rows in the main body of the table, and then this problem will go away.

Most customers dont seem to use the row header selection at the moment and I think it would be confusing if the detail panel chnaged as you flipped from the selecting the row header records as opposed to the main table selection.

[quote=Focher]
It would be good to have that default behavior change because it is easier when finding duplicate tracks with different bit rates.[/quote]
Not too sure of your procedure here, might be worth giving me some more detail before I go forward with the change explained above.

I will explain my specific use case where I encountered the issue.

I want to restrict the table view to show only duplicates by either MusicIP or MusicbrainzID. I then want to delete each duplicate but want to delete the lower quality one (e.g. lower bit rate). In a best case scenario, I could show the bit rate in the table view for each row. However, I cannot seem to do that as designed. The bit rate is viewable, however, in the Detail Pane. So I was hoping that when I click on the record number for each row, the Detail Pane would update to show me the track details, including bit rate.

The best case scenario is that I would be able to see the bit rate in the Table View. Having the Detail Pane update when click on the Row header number is just a workaround.

Hope this explains it.

You can view the bitrate in the table view. Just go to settings->table view and select the fields you want to see!

I my case I selected them all. You will be surprised by the amount of data there is in tags you never saw before :slight_smile:

[quote=ErwinB]You can view the bitrate in the table view. Just go to settings->table view and select the fields you want to see!
[/quote]
Actually you can’t see the bitrate in the edit pane but you can see it in the view pane, as you can see in the screenshot below

to me this seems easier than looking at the detail pane, although that will work in the next release when I merge the selection of row header and main table data.