SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Debian 11 on arm64: JRE 11 version error

Hi,

i installed the most recent version of SongKong (8.3) on my RPI 4 with Debian 11 arm64 and get this error:

Error: LinkageError occurred while loading main class com.jthink.songkong.cmdline.SongKong
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/jthink/songkong/cmdline/SongKong has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 58.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0

The most recent and installed Java version is:
: java -version
: openjdk version “11.0.14” 2022-01-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.14+9-post-Debian-1deb11u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.14+9-post-Debian-1deb11u1, mixed mode)

Do you know the issue?
Bubblefish

Yes, your version of Java is too old, you now need at least Java 14 preferably Java 17

It is probably best to use the linux version of SongKong that comes with a bundled jre.

Oh sorry its arm isnt it, the bundled version is for intel.

Okay just installer later version of arm java, preferably Java 17.

Thank you, after installing Version 17 things are going right :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m new to songkong and just trying it out for the first time on a Raspberry PiB 64bit Raspbian (Debian 11). I’ve installed jre v17 and get this error from songkongremote.sh

./songkongremote.sh: 1: linuxjre/bin/java: Exec format error

Any ideas what the issue might be?

I think you have installed the SongKong version with bundled jre,instead of the one without bundled jte. You need to use the one without bundled jre in order to use the jre that you install.

Yes that is what I did - duh. I figured this out after RTFM. Sorry to waste your time. All OK now.

1 Like