SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Data Not Being Written To MP3 Files

I load a folder of an album and hit the Auto-Correct Songs button. The tracks are identified and I see all the details in the table - including the correct artiste, song title, album name and artwork.

I rename the filenames from the metadata using the template %artiste% - %song title% and that works fine.

The problem I’m having is that now, when I hit the Save button, none of the metadata is saved (I can’t see anything in Windows Explorer, but the new filenames). This didn’t happen before.

If I exit Jaikoz, I don’t get the Save warning, so it obviously thinks it’s saved everything. If I start up Jaikoz again and reload the same album folder, the table is populated with all the info that should be visible in Windows Explorer… but isn’t.

Force Save doesn’t help either.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

I’m using Windows 7 x64 and V3.8.0 Beta 2 if that’s any help - I couldn’t actually find the download for the 3.8.0 final release! :slight_smile:

TenBaz

Update:

Seems it was an issue with Beta 2 as so far, it all seems to be working again with the final version of 3.8.0.

TenBaz

Windows Explorer on Windows 7 doesn’t understand ID3 v24 Tags (If you had viewed them in another program such as WInamp you would be able to see that Jaikoz has in fact saved them correctly) so I’m guessing this was the issue and now you are saving them as ID3 v23 Tags.

You are correct - of course! :slight_smile:

It’s quite annoying really - that someone not even here knows what I’ve done when I cock things up! :slight_smile:

Thanks…

TenBaz

[quote=TenBaz]You are correct - of course! :slight_smile:

It’s quite annoying really - that someone not even here knows what I’ve done when I cock things up! :slight_smile:

Thanks…

TenBaz[/quote]
The annoying thing is that Windows 7 doesn’t have proper ID3 support :frowning:

[quote=paultaylor]
The annoying thing is that Windows 7 doesn’t have proper ID3 support :([/quote]

Yeap, say WOW !